Total Pageviews

Friday 25 March 2022

Coconut flour low carb/keto vanilla berry mug cake(s)

I'm sure you will like these quick and easy one minute coconut flour low carb/keto vanilla berry mug cake(s). They are low carb/keto, sugar free, made with coconut flour, and work out at 5g net carbs.

Coconut flour is a wonderful low-carb, keto, gluten-free flour. It is light, packed with fibre, easy to use, requires very little quantities and so ends up being a very affordable baking grain-free flour. if you would like to know more about cooking with low carb (alternative) flours please see here


Ingredients
Serves One
1 tbsp. butter melted
2 tbsp. cream cheese full fat
2 tbsp. coconut flour
1 tbsp. granulated sweetener of choice or more to taste
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 egg medium
6 frozen raspberries
Note
For those readers who don’t own a microwave or don’t like using them. You can still make the low carb/keto vanilla berry cake batter, but you will have to cook it in the oven. Of course, it is no longer a 1-minute mug cake, and it becomes a 12-minute cupcake instead. But it can be done. Simply bake at 180C/350F in a cupcake case or muffin tray.
Instructions
Can be found here


~ wishing you a lovely day ~

This blog brings a variety of articles and recipe ideas, and it is important to note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

30 comments:

Sandi said...

I don't have cream cheese. Would Greek Yogurt work as a substitute?

Lowcarb team member said...

Sandi said...
I don't have cream cheese. Would Greek Yogurt work as a substitute?

Hello Sandi
Many thanks for your comment and question.
I've not tried using Greek Yogurt in this recipe.
However, there are recipes on the internet that do, so why not give it a try ...
If you do please come back and let us know the outcome.

All the best Jan

Christine said...

This looks so good!

Martha said...

Oooh, that mug cake looks delicious!

Elephant's Child said...

I have never made a mug cake. Some day...

J.P. Alexander said...

Gracias por la receta se ve tan rico veré si consigo los ingredientes. Te mando un beso.

Tom said...

...looks so good.

peppylady (Dora) said...

I never tried a keto type recipe.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Margaret D said...

Looks very delicious.

magiceye said...

Wow looks delicious!

Elderberry-Rob said...

unusual recipe :) certainly looks pretty and I love raspberries... nobody else would eat it here as they either don't like cream cheese or dont like food cooked in the microwave - fussy people here!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Thank you for the recipe! The cake looks good, and easy to make.

linda said...

I've never used coconut flour I'll have to get some and give these a try.

eileeninmd said...

The mug cake looks yummy. Pretty flower arrangement.
Take care, have a happy weekend!

Jo said...

I've only tried making a mug cake once before and it just didn't work out, I'm sure I must have done something wrong. This looks delicious and easy.

Francisco Manuel Carrajola Oliveira said...

Deve de ser delicioso este bolo.
Um abraço e bom fim-de-semana.

Andarilhar
Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa
O prazer dos livros

My name is Erika. said...

That looks delicious. I made a chocolate-coconut flour loaf cake the other day. I am surprised how much you can taste the coconut. Yum. And high fiber too! Have a great start to your weekend.

Jeanie said...

I've never used coconut flour before. That sounds interesting!

Jenn Jilks said...

This is fun! Our grandies made mug cakes during Gramma Camp. It was fun!

Anita said...

Hello good friend!Ilike your post very much!I am very interested in lowcarbo food I think as I have said before it is very important to change our daily food as we know many health issuses can be related to this
Iam fine but working very muchAt the hospital(with young diabetes kids)I think i will be back in spring!Happy days to you
xxx

Sandi said...

SO DELICIOUS!

I substituted plain whole milk Greek yogurt for the cream cheese, blueberries for raspberries, and left out the granulated sweetener of your choice because the berries are so sweet.

It was fabulous! But I think the added sweetener would have made it even better. Next time I won't leave it out.

DVArtist said...

Every time I have tried Coconut flour it seems way too sweet. This does sound good though.

sandy said...

Looks easy and delicious!!

William Kendall said...

I would enjoy that.

Lowcarb team member said...

Sandi said...
SO DELICIOUS!

I substituted plain whole milk Greek yogurt for the cream cheese, blueberries for raspberries, and left out the granulated sweetener of your choice because the berries are so sweet.

It was fabulous! But I think the added sweetener would have made it even better. Next time I won't leave it out.

Hello Sandi

I like that you said SO DELICIOUS!

Many thanks for coming back with an update.
I am so pleased you tried this recipe and tweaked it to suit the ingredients you had.

The mug cakes are so quick and easy to do and using coconut flour so low carb too!

Enjoy the remainder of Friday and have a great weekend.

All the best Jan

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It sure looks good. I've never seen coconut flour where I shop, though.

baili said...

such delicious looking cake dear Jan :)

thank you so much for recipe
blessings!

Teresa said...

Feliz fin de semana para ti.

Sandi said...

Back again to say I tried it with peanut butter replacing the butter, cream cheese, granulated sweetener, and vanilla. Yum. So good. The peanut butter is deliciously gooey. Could also work with no sugar almond butter or something similar.

Lowcarb team member said...

Sandi said...
Back again to say I tried it with peanut butter replacing the butter, cream cheese, granulated sweetener, and vanilla. Yum. So good. The peanut butter is deliciously gooey. Could also work with no sugar almond butter or something similar


Hello Sandi
Many thanks for this update, it is very helpful to know.

Happy Baking ...
Enjoy the rest of the week.

All the best Jan