Total Pageviews

Sunday 27 March 2022

Mother's Day UK 2022

Here in the UK, 27th of March is Mothers Day (2022), and hopefully your card(s) will have been received and displayed, you may receive presents too, however you celebrate, have a Happy Mothers Day.


For those of you who may be interested here are three 'Mothers Day Trivia' facts.

1. In the vast majority of the world's languages, the word for "mother" begins with the letter M.

2. The youngest mother whose history is authenticated is Lina Medina, who delivered a 6½-pound boy by caesarean section in Lima, Peru in 1939, at an age of 5 years and 7 months. The child was raised as her brother and only discovered that Lina was his mother when he was 10.

3. On April 9, 2003, Satyabhama Mahapatra, a 65-year-old retired schoolteacher in India, became the world's oldest mother when she gave birth to a baby boy. Satyabhama and her husband had been married 50 years, but this is their first child. The baby was conceived through artificial insemination using eggs from the woman's 26-year-old niece, Veenarani Mahapatra, and the sperm of Veenarani's husband.
More Mothers Day Trivia here

~ xx ~ xx ~


If you should be celebrating Mother's Day, have an especially nice day.
~ I've been very fortunate to see family over the weekend ~

Forever in my heart
Forever in my thoughts
Forever in my life
My mum is always with me
Thank you Mum
I'll always love you

All the best Jan

36 comments:

Tom said...

...have a happy day.

Christine said...

Happy Mother's Day Jan!

Cheryl’s Sunlit Pathway said...

Happy Mother's Day! Interesting facts wow

J.P. Alexander said...

En mi país el día de las madres es en mayo. Pero igual te deseo un lindo día. Te mando un beso

peppylady (Dora) said...

Have bless it mother day.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Margaret D said...

Happy Mother's Day Jan and hoping you are having a lovely time..our Mother's Day is in May.

Elephant's Child said...

Happy Mother's Day.

Valerie-Jael said...

Have a wonderful day, enjoy your family! Valerie

♥ Łucja-Maria ♥ said...

Happy Mother's Day!!!!

In Poland, we celebrate Mother's Day on May 26
Have a nice spring Sunday, Jan:)

linda said...

Happy Mothers Day! 😊

Jo said...

Happy Mother's Day.

eileeninmd said...

Happy Mother's Day Jan! Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

Martha said...

Happy Mother's Day, Jan!

Iris Flavia said...

#2 is plain horrible. As #3, I , if I may add my 2 cents, find this very selfish.
I was a mistake, but my parents loved me, I am thankful and sad they are gone.

NanaDiana said...

That is just sad to think that young of a child gave birth to a baby. It it horrible to think what that little girl went through. And imagine giving birth in your 60s. Oh My! Hugs- Diana

My name is Erika. said...

Happy mother's Day to you!!!! That poor girl in Peru being not quite 6 years old and having a child.

Sondra said...

WOW, Happy Mothers Day to all my UK friends...and some very tragic facts to go along with it...I hope its a good one for you..Enjoy.

CJ Kennedy said...

Happy Mother's Day 💐

DMS said...

Oh my goodness- what a young age to be a mother. Sad for so many reasons.

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Happy Mother's Day!

Kim said...

Happy Mother's Day, Jan!!

Jeanie said...

Happy Mother's Day to you, Jan. An interesting post. I hope your day is wonderful. (6? Wow.)

happyone said...

Happy Mother's Day. Have a wonderful day.

Carla from The River said...

Happy Mother's Day... enjoy!

bread&salt said...

Happy Mothers Day Dear friend! Here, mothers day is in may month. Have a great newweek. Greetings.

William Kendall said...

Happy Mother's Day!

Mary Kirkland said...

Happy Mother's Day.

Teresa said...

Feliz día. En España es en mayo. Besos.

Jenn Jilks said...

Well, I did not know that!

Kay said...

Our Mothers Day in the US is in May.
In Japanese you would call your mother 'okaa-san'. When talking to others, you refer to your mother as 'haha'. I guess Japan is not one of the 'm' countries.

Kay said...

Hmmm... on the other hand Hawaii would fall in line with 'makuahine'.

Rose said...

Happy Mother's day!

Breathtaking said...

Hello Jan, I hope you had a HAPPY MOTHERS DAY.:=) I didn't know any of the trivia facts about mothers day, but some were quite shocking.

Little Wandering Wren said...

I really enjoyed celebrating with my own Mother in person this year for the first time in many years! Have a lovely week
Wren x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I hope you had a lovely Mother's Day. I really enjoyed the trivia, none of which I knew.

carol l mckenna said...

Beautiful flowers ~ Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day ~ Xo

Wishing you peace and love in all your days,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)