2 large chicken breasts, skinless (400g / 14.1 oz)
juice from ½ lemon
1 tsp thyme, fresh (or ½ tsp dried)
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 small heads lettuce, I used little gem (200g / 7.1 oz)
½ cup artichoke hearts, canned
¼ cup kalamata (or other black) olives (30g / 1.1 oz)
¼ cup green olives (30g / 1.1 oz)
1 cup blackberries, fresh (150g / 5.1 oz)
1 tbsp blackberry vinegar or any other fruit vinegar,
¼ tsp salt or more to taste
1. Brush the chicken breasts with half of the olive oil, add lemon juice, thyme and season with salt. Leave for at least 30 minutes minutes to marinade.
Note: You can use any kind of cooking oil instead of olive oil (ghee, coconut oil, lard, etc.). Although marinating is optional, it is recommended.
3. Wash and place the lettuce into a salad spinner or drain using a paper towel. Fold into a serving bowl.
5. Add drained kalamata (or other black) and green olives
6. Wash and drain the blackberries and add them to the bowl with the other ingredients.
7. Drizzle with the remaining extra virgin olive oil and fruit vinegar.
Note:You can prepare the meat in advance and have it ready as a quick source of protein for your low-carb meals. When it's grilled, let it cool down, cut into desired pieces, place in an air-tight container and store up to 2 days (or freeze up to a month).