Total Pageviews

Tuesday 9 February 2016

Cindy Crawford Fitness: Model Wows at 50 with Low-Carb Diet & Yoga

LONDON, ENGLAND - OCTOBER 02: Cindy Crawford meets fans and signs copies of her book 'Becoming' at Waterstones, Piccadilly on October 2, 2015 in London, England. (Photo : John Phillips/Getty Images)

Cindy Crawford announces her retirement from modelling at age 50 with a slim figure thanks to a low-carb diet and yoga workout.

According to Celebrity Health Fitness, Crawford has been a supermodel for 30 years and is planning to launch her new book "Becoming Cindy Crawford" on her birthday, Feb. 20.

Her new book details her beauty secrets, workout tips and anti-aging secrets. According to Examiner, Crawford keeps slim by eating a low carb diet but admits to indulge with dark chocolate everyday.

"I love chocolate and I have some every day," she said. "I like to get the Dagoba Chocodrops that are 74% cacao. I like that they are chip-sized, so a small handful satisfies."

Crawford keeps trim by working out three to four times weekly. She likes to do yoga, Pilates, weight-lifting, circuit-training as well as cardio exercises including spinning, hiking, running and stair-climbing.

According to CHF, Crawford owns her own skincare line called Meaningful Beauty. She takes care of her skin by using SPF day cream daily and cleanser everyday and at night.

"I definitely use the night cream, eye cream and the Crème de Serum from my line. The [results are] cumulative. When a 35-year-old starts taking care of her skin, she won't look different. It's when you're my age that you start seeing the payoff," she said.

In an interview with Hemisphere Magazine, the supermodel shares how her book came to be.

"I had no idea that the book would be part of the journey," she explained. "I feel like I'm allowing that to have been great, and I'm celebrating it. And I'm sure I'll have my picture taken for 10 more years, but not as a model anymore. And that's OK. I've done it. I've worked with all these incredible photographers. What else do I need to do? I can't keep reinventing myself. I shouldn't have to keep proving myself. I don't want to."

Her book contains details her journey as a model, from the beginning to when her career evolved and her becoming a legendary icon. However, she has admitted to being terrified of aging but has learned to embrace it by looking forward to things that will come especially with her family.

"You wake up at 40, or almost 50, and you realize, I'm still me. The fact that I am doing work that I love, have a good relationship with my husband, beautiful kids, all of that makes it not totally painless—because there's still some yearning for what was—but what would I trade for it? What day or what experience of my life would I give up to be younger?" she said. "Nothing."

6 comments:

Debbie said...

an interesting read...she is so beautiful!!!

Debbie said...

i wish looking good were easier!!!!

Lowcarb team member said...

Debbie
Glad you enjoyed the read - I think CC has always looked good

All the best Jan

Lowcarb team member said...

Debbie ...
"i wish looking good were easier!!!!"

I'm sure most of us have said that many times ... but we all do our best.
Is the worst thing a bad hair day??? In the current strong winds the UK are having I seem to be frequently saying that LOL!

We must also remember beauty comes from within!

Have a great Wednesday

All the best Jan

chris c said...

You go girl! - er, woman!

Lowcarb team member said...

... thanks Chris !

All the best Jan