Lemon Cream Fool
½ cup heavy (double) cream
¼ cup low carb monk-fruit or erythritol blend granular sweetener
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup sugar-free keto lemon curd divided
1. In a stand mixer or large bowl with an electric hand mixer, add heavy (double) whipping cream. Beat on high until firm peaks form, and when you lift the beater, the cream sticks and does not fall off (can take 4 to 6 minutes).
2. Add vanilla and turn the mixer to medium, and slowly add granulated sweetener a little at a time until blended and the whipped cream is thicker like a frosting. Turn off the mixer.
3. Add 3 tablespoons of the lemon curd and gently fold into the whipped cream mixture.
4. In 2 dessert glasses or shot glasses add 1 tablespoon of the remaining lemon curd to the bottom of the glass.
5. Add 2 tablespoon of whipped lemon mixture on top of the lemon curd layer.
6. Repeat layers of lemon curd and whipped cream until both lemon curd and whipped cream are used. Serve.
This recipe and more, including step-by-step guide, can be seen here
3 large eggs room temperature
⅔ cup powdered low carb sweetener
½ cup fresh lemon juice juice of about 2 large lemons
1 ½ teaspoon finely grated lemon zest use a Microplane zester to grate fine enough so no straining of curd is needed.
4 tablespoon butter room temperature diced
1. In a small saucepan (not heated yet), combine sweetener, lemon juice, lemon zest, and whole eggs. Whisk until combined.
2. Add the butter and cook over medium-low heat, while stirring continuously with a whisk or wooden spoon, until the first bubble appears and the curd is thick enough to hold marks of the whisk or spoon, about 4-7 minutes.
3. Transfer the hot lemon curd to a jar and cover the surface with plastic wrap.
4. Refrigerate until cold, then remove the plastic wrap and replace it with a lid. The lemon curd will keep fresh in the refrigerator for about 1 week. Makes just under 2 cups.
All the best Jan