Total Pageviews

Friday 10 September 2021

A is for Apples - How do you eat yours?

Apples are one of the UK's favourite fruits and with more than 3,000 different types of apples, we are truly spoilt for choice. Whether you love a Braeburn, Golden Delicious, or a Pink Lady, apples are delicious when eaten on their own or paired with meat, used in a soup, baked into pies, or topped with crumble ... and there are low carb recipes for this!


Some recipes you may like to try


Celeriac and Bramley Apple Soup
combine the flavours of celeriac, blue cheese, apple and walnuts.
more details here


Pork and Apple Meatballs
so tasty served with a lower carb mash
more details here


Apple Dump Cake
 a low carb, grain free and gluten free recipe
more details here


Apple Crumble
the perfect Autumn dessert, made the lower carb way
more details here

Do you eat apples? Have you a favourite from above, or perhaps you have your own preferred recipe.

This blog brings a variety of articles and recipe ideas, and it is important to note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

31 comments:

Tom said...

,,,now that we are in apple season, I'm enjoying an apple a day fresh!

Miss Val's Creations said...

Apples have always been a favorite fruit of mine. So healthy on their own and fun to cook with! With Fall around the corner I expect to be eating more.

happyone said...

I like apple pie or crisp but enjoy just eating a nice crisp fresh apple a bite at a time.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

We eat apples in three main ways, mostly raw just as a piece of fruit, or in salads. Second would be in an apple cake that Miriam makes from time to time and which we eat with mid morning coffee. Third would be as apple sauce.

Elephant's Child said...

I like them best raw - and eat the cores as well.

Practical Parsimony said...

I prefer eating a crisp Red Delicious apple.

Margaret D said...

All the dishes look great. We eat a few apple crumbles here. Tasmania is known as The Apple Isle.

Jules said...

Apple crumble is my absolute favourite, especially when sprinkled with little cinnamon. X

Valerie-Jael said...

Apples are always a treat! Valerie

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I love apples, many ways.
A fresh crisp apple is the best.
Take care, happy weekend!

roughterrain crane said...

I love apple pie, too. Thanks for telling me new dishes with apples.

CJ Kennedy said...

I like the tart apples best. My favorite is Granny Smith. Pie, crisp, or cobbler. It's all good. I like to eat them best out of hand. Cored, sliced, and eaten as is or with a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar.

mamasmercantile said...

I love the wide variety of uses for apples that incorporate both sweet and savoury. I haven't tried the meatball recipe with apples before so that is something for the menu next week.

Caroline said...

We eat apples sometimes in a smoothy, meals of pie.

Christine said...

Delicious recipes. Hubby avoids too much apple due to its sugar?

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry I am so late visiting. I have been sick for the past two days and I could barely get out of bed. Something I ate, at least that's what I hope it is. I'm marginally better today, at least. I like raw apples, baked, or in a cake. I also like apple cider.

Mary Kirkland said...

Apple crisp is my favorite.

William Kendall said...

I have always liked apples.

peppylady (Dora) said...

I've done apple chili before.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Azka Kamil said...

,,,now that we are in apple season, I'm enjoying an apple a day fresh!

My name is Erika. said...

Apples are one of the best tastes of fall, or year round. Those recipes look so yummy!

Kay said...

I love the Envy apples that we have here. I do love apple pies, apple crumble, apple anything.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my last week when I went to the grocery store they had caramel apples and oh my I have no control, I had to buy them, I think that has got to be my favorite way to enjoy them :) Apple crumble is my next favorite

Ananka said...

Don't eat them a lot! Got 2 apple trees in the garden lol. The wee one eats them a lot though!

Hilly Nicolay said...

Apple for the thirst.
Hot lightning stew.
Apple sauce.
Apple crumble.
Apple cake or apple pie.

You can do a lot with an apple, delicious.

All the best and greetings from the Netherlands.

baili said...

i would go for apple cake for sure :)

thank you for sharing dear Jan

Sue said...

We have a tree in the garden and the apples are perfect for apple crumble (with extra ginger in the crumble) yum! x

Debbie said...

i love apples and have been falling in love with these dump cakes, they are so easy!!

Bob Bushell said...

I love apple crumble, beautiful.

Divers and Sundry said...

I like apples raw, but then I'm a lazy cook ;)

Teresa said...

Me encanta las albóndigas con manzana. Besos.