Total Pageviews

Monday 11 May 2015

My Happiness I lent

Image result for a path of spring flowers

In Merriment I Walked
Merrily I walked along the path, 
And whistled while I went.
You see life had been merry with me.
You see I danced along.

The sun's rays hit my eyelids happy.
I was so content.
I kicked up my foot in merriment.
I sang a tune along the way.

Merrily I walked along the path, 
And whistled while I went.
Along the path of flowers, 
My happiness I lent.

Vera Sidhwa


Image result for a path of spring flowers

Image result for a path of spring flowers

Yes, Monday comes around once more ... I do hope the weekend was a good one for you. Perhaps you were fortunate to spend time with family or friends. You may have been celebrating 'Mothers Day'. I know many of my fellow US blogger friends were. Perhaps you spent time watching the television and the three days of several events and parades to mark the 70th VE Day Commemorations. Or maybe you were out shopping for a new wedding outfit ... if you were I hope you found something you liked! Perhaps you've just bought a new car and went out for a drive! Or maybe you just took time to relax and enjoy your garden or a walk along a path as Vera mentioned in her poem above. 

I think May can be such a lovely month, especially if we are fortunate to have good weather. There is always plenty to do in the garden ... and the blooms during this month can be so glorious. The garden centre's are usually extra busy at this time of year. It is great to visit them, whether you may be buying new plants, or just to look at the burst of colour from the many plants and flowers on display. Garden Centre's these days seem to cater for everything.

Image result for small table in garden with cup of tea on it

You may be in the middle of choosing some new plants for your garden, why not sit a while and contemplate your choice ... perhaps have a nice cuppa and small slice of low carb lemon cake ... sounds a good idea to me! 


 This great low carb cake, served very chilled tastes delicious on a warm Spring night.

Hope everyone has a good week

All the best Jan

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a pleasant read for a Monday morning. That cake does look delicious.

Nona

Anonymous said...

May you have a lovely Monday Jan :)

Jo said...

I love lemon cake, I usually make a lemon drizzle cake but it doesn't last long in our house.

Kim said...

I did have a lovely weekend, thank you, spent it with my family and that is the best! :) Happy Monday to you!

Kim said...

I did have a lovely weekend, thank you, spent it with my family and that is the best! :) Happy Monday to you!

Lowcarb team member said...

Many thanks Nona, Jo, Kim ... and Anonymous for your comments.

It's always good to hear from you.

Have a good week

All the best Jan