Total Pageviews

Thursday 2 June 2022

Answers to June Quiz Plus ... a recipe for Low Carb Chocolate and Almond Cake

Hello there, I hope you enjoyed yesterdays quiz. Many thanks to all those who read the post and special thanks to those who took time to comment.


Did you know the answers? Well, as promised here are the answers to the seven questions. For ease I have repeated the questions ...

1. How many days did June have in the early Roman calendar?

Answer 29

When Julius Caesar reformed the calendar he added an extra day.

2. Which month was June in the early Roman calendar?

Answer fourth

Another alteration made in Roman times, was the moving of January and February to the beginning of the year, thus making June the sixth month.

3. The solstice is in June. On or between which of these dates does it occur?

Answer Between 20th and 22nd

In the northern hemisphere it is the summer solstice. In the southern hemisphere it is the winter solstice.

4. What two flowers are usually recognised as the birth flowers for June?

Answer Rose and Honeysuckle

5. Which of these is not one of the three June gems?

Answer Ruby

6. In the old saying what is 'a swarm of bees in June' worth?

Answer silver spoon

'A swarm of bees in May is worth a load of hay, A swarm of bees in June is worth a silver spoon, A swarm of bees in July is not worth a fly'

7. From what musical does the song 'June is busting out all over' come?

Answer Carousel

Hammerstein and Rodgers musical 'Carousel' was first performed in the Majestic Theatre, New York, on April 19, 1945.

How did you do? Before I researched the answers I knew four 😊

... and now on to a tasty recipe suggestion, which you may wish to try.

Chocolate and Almond Cake
This simple and quick recipe for a low carb chocolate and almond cake
makes a delicious occasional low carb sweet/dessert treat
you can see recipe/more details here


~ wishing you a happy month of June ~

A variety of articles and recipe ideas are within this blog, and not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues please take these into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

36 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

The only one I got right was the one about the bees. I am liking your new first of month quiz set up too. Happy JUne! Hugs-Erika

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I went back to see the quiz before I looked at the answers. I didn't do very well though! hehehe! Love this recipe. I'll check and see if I have the ingredients to make it! Hugs, Diane

The Happy Whisk said...

Very cool on the June flowers and yes please on the chocolate almond cake.

J.P. Alexander said...

Me gusto saber mas de Junio. Gracias por la receta. Te mando un beso.

Christine said...

yummy cake, thanks for the answers.

Tom said...

...the rose is about the only one that I knew!

Margaret D said...

The cake does look lovely.

Angie's Recipes said...

The chocolate almond cake looks fabulous! Low carb for the win, Jan.

Elephant's Child said...

Thanks for the answers - and that beautiful photograph of a rose.

Francisco Manuel Carrajola Oliveira said...

Delicioso bolo de chocolate.
Um abraço e continuação de uma boa semana.

Andarilhar
Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa
O prazer dos livros

Bob Bushell said...

Yummy, I have a fat tummy, I'm starving for this cake, cheers Jan.

Laura. M said...

Gracias. Ahora sabemos algo más de junio. Rico el pastel, me encanta el chocolate.
Buen Junio para Todos.
Un abrazo.

eileeninmd said...

Pretty roses and the cake looks delicious.
Thanks for sharing.
Take care, enjoy your day!

roughterrain crane said...

You can enjoy comfortable days this month.

Stefania said...

Grazie per avere condiviso una deliziosa ricetta. Mi ispira proprio molto questa torta.

Martha said...

Ooooh, that chocolate and almond cake looks so delicious!

Jenn Jilks said...

Such a beautiful rose!

Rose said...

I read them last night but had something happen to get me totally distracted. I did know when the Summer Solstice is, and guessed that June had been the fourth month, but that was a total guess.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I got No's 3, 5, 6, and 7 right, but I only knew 3 for sure. That chocolate cake would go nicely any time.

Pam said...

Interesting info about June. Thanks for sharing that. Wow...that looks YUMMY.

Debbie said...

yep, i did not get any!! i love honeysuckle, it grows all along our favorite bike path!! gorgeous rose!!

Linda said...

I didn’t know any of it but I could’ve guessed Carousel if it was multiple choice.

Carla from The River said...

Always fun when you share about the months. Thank you!

R's Rue said...

I want some cake. Thank you for sharing.

CJ Kennedy said...

Fun quiz. I knew two answers. That cake looks delicious

DVArtist said...

I don't care about the answers just give me that cake. Ha ha ha. Seriously I did know a few of the answers. Have a great day.

Alicia said...

I only knew 2 of them, but I know more now for sure.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

I knew almost zero quiz answers. lol

Ananka said...

That cake looks super amazing :-D

Thanks for your kind comment Jan. Hopefully back now :-D

Sue said...

Well I was rubbish with the quiz, but I bet I could make short work of the cake! Take care and have a very happy June, Sue xx

happyone said...

I had 4 right.
I enjoy the these your first of the month quiz. Thanks for taking the time to post them. :)

Jeanie said...

I didn't do as well in June as in some other months -- batting about 50 percent here!

William Kendall said...

2, 3, and 4 I knew.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

I missed the quiz, but seeing the questions and answers, there were many that I didn't know. That cake looks delicious.

bread&salt said...

Very interesting information! Thanks for the article Dear friend. Almond cake looks fingerlickingly delicious. Greetings.

Teresa said...

Acerté varias respuestas. La receta estupenda. Besos.