Total Pageviews

Wednesday 1 June 2022

June - Time for the first of the month quiz - plus - recipe for crunchy green beans with radishes


As we welcome June, the sixth month of the year, it's time for the first of the month quiz. I'm only asking seven questions, I hope you may have a go at answering them.

1. How many days did June have in the early Roman calendar?

28  30  29  31

2. Which month was June in the early Roman calendar?

fourth  fifth  sixth  third

3. The solstice is in June. On or between which of these dates does it occur?

Between the 20th and 22nd or the 30th or the 1st or between the 10th and 12th

4. What two flowers are usually recognised as the birth flowers for June?

Bluebell    Honeysuckle    Tulip    Rose

5. Which of these is not one of the three June gems?

moonstone   ruby   alexandrite   pearl

6. In the old saying what is 'a swarm of bees in June' worth?

silver spoon    tin spoon    golden spoon    wooden spoon

7. From what musical does the song 'June is busting out all over' come?

My Fair Lady   Oklahoma   Carousel   State Fair

How did you do? Please come back tomorrow when the answers will be revealed. 😊

Crunchy green beans with radishes


Why not try this classic French way of preparing beans and radishes
Ingredients
Serves 6
2g carb per serving
350g fine green beans, trimmed
1 bunch radishes, finely sliced into rounds
Juice of ½ lemon
Method
Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and cook the green beans for 4-5 mins until tender.
Drain and toss with the radishes, drizzle over the oil and lemon juice
season with a little salt and black pepper.
So 'Yum' and with a bit of a crunch too 😋
recipe from here

~ wishing all readers a happy month of June ~

Here, in the UK, Her Majesty The Queen will become the first British Monarch to celebrate a Platinum Jubilee after 70 years of service. There are many celebrations both locally and nationwide to join in and celebrate Her Majesty’s historic reign and there is a Platinum Jubilee Central Weekend which takes place from 2nd to 5th June.


This blog is presented in a magazine style - we hope something for everyone. You will find a variety of articles, studies, thoughts, photographs, music and recipes! However, not all the recipes ideas featured in this blog may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

23 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Some question I know, some I don't. I am looking forward to the answers.
That beans and radishes recipe sounds delish. Thank you.
I am not a royalist but can only applaud Queen Elizabeth's fortitude and hard work.

Tom said...

...another quiz that I'm clueless of.

J.P. Alexander said...

Genial mes. Te mando un beso.

peppylady (Dora) said...

A fun read
Coffee is on and stay safe

Margaret D said...

Just love radishes.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Great quiz ... looking forward to the answers.

God bless.

Valerie-Jael said...

Queen Elizabeth is a wonderful lady! Valerie

Francisco Manuel Carrajola Oliveira said...

Um abraço e tenha um excelente mês de Junho.

Andarilhar
Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa
O prazer dos livros

Jo said...

I'll admit to having to guess most of the answers this month. I think the Queen has done a great job, seventy years of service.

linda said...

Great fun I love your monthly quizzes even if I don't know most of the answers.

eileeninmd said...

Happy June to you! Take care, enjoy your day!

Sondra said...

I guess I know nothing about June! I am looking forward to seeing some news footage of the Queen's big day!! Enjoy the week.

Hootin Anni said...

Your queen continues to astound me!!! As for the quiz, I think I know the flower & gemstone (and guessing on the solstice). That's all tho. The green bean/radish side dish looks great!!

Christine said...

I will await the June answers! The green bean dish looks delicious!

happyone said...

I think I got four right. :)

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

The radish and green been recipe sounds really delicious. The celebration for the Queen should be fun!

Martha said...

Happy June! Wishing you a wonderful month ahead.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

June was hard. I can only think of one I know for sure. I'm off to see the rest that were guesses on my part.

I ave a ton of green beans. Too bad I didn't plant radishes.

Debbie said...

i skipped over the answers so i could play along, sadly, i don't know any. the green beans look delicious, i love the crunch of radishes!! the queen looks wonderful!!

DVArtist said...

Great quiz and I love this salad. Have a nice day.

William Kendall said...

I have three of them.

bread&salt said...

Qeen Elizabeth looks perfect. I loved her yellow outfit very much. Happy June

Teresa said...

La receta me encanta. Volveré para ver el resultado. Besos.