Total Pageviews

Thursday 6 October 2016

Mocha Ice Bombs : A Perfect Low Carb Autumn Treat


"If you are new to fat bombs you’ll be wondering what the heck? Why oh why would we want to eat more fat? Well it is imperative too understand when we go low carb (and only moderate protein) then we want to increase our healthy fats to keep us fuller for longer. Fat doesn’t make you fat, a high carb diet does.


Ingredients:
Serves 12

Mocha Ice Bombs
1 cup / 240g / 8.5 oz full-fat cream cheese or mascarpone
¼ cup / 40 g / 1.4 oz powdered sweetener
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ cup / 60 ml strong brewed coffee, chilled
70g / 2.5 oz dark 90% chocolate melted

Nutritional Information
Serving size: 1 ice bomb (makes 12)
Calories: 127  Fat: 12.9g Carbohydrates: 2.2g total Fibre: 0.7g Protein: 1.9g" 

Please see recipe instructions, and more details at Ditch The Carbs site here

Dark Chocolate:
Many studies have shown that dark chocolate is incredibly healthy, and may reduce your risk of several diseases.


Dark chocolate is loaded with fibre and antioxidants, as well as minerals such as iron, magnesium, copper and manganese. Plant compounds in dark chocolate have been shown to lower blood pressure, protect against heart disease, improve brain function and protect the skin against the sun’s harmful UV-rays. To make the most of the health benefits, it is recommended to eat dark chocolate with a cocoa content of 70–85% or higher. A piece of dark chocolate is especially delicious when enjoyed with a good cup of coffee.

Bottom line: Dark chocolate contains high amounts of fiber, antioxidants and minerals. It may reduce the risk of heart disease, improve brain function and protect the skin from the sun.

All the best Jan

20 comments:

Jo said...

They look delicious. I'm a big fan of dark chocolate.

Francisco Manuel Carrajola Oliveira said...

Desconhecia estas propriedades do chocolate.
Um abraço continuação de boa semana.
Andarilhar

Sara - Villa Emilia said...

Such luxurious bombs!
I love dark chocolate, as already my bio tells. :)
Thank you for sharing and happy weekend to you all! xx

Mike@Bit About Britain said...

Oooh - like the look of that. And may even graduate from heating a tin of beans and give it a try! Thank you.

Phil Slade said...

Those bombs do look so unhealthy so I'm glad explained how they are not. I just love that black, brittle and strong tasting 80-90% chocolate in Aldi. It's a bit cheaper than many brands but excellent stuff. Even though it comes in four smaller bars in one package it's hard not to eat the lot in one go.

Christine said...

Maybe my daughter can make this for me, she is the baker! Thanks for sharing

Summer said...

Nice to find out that chocolate can be so beneficial, as I am a big lover of chocolate ♥

summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

JFM said...

CHOCOLATE...yummy!!!
Now this I just have to try :}

Happy Thursday, Jan~

Stephanie said...

Now this is definitely something I would enjoy {{smiles}} I have bookmarked this page so that I can come back and make these tasty little treats. Thanks for sharing, sweet Jan!

Have a splendid upcoming weekend. Hugs to you!

Crafty Green Poet said...

These look lovely, and I'm another big fan of dark chocolate!

piccolina said...

I love dark choco!

Thanks for the recipe, I'll try this one time.

Lisa said...

Coffee and chocolate, a match made in heaven.
Lisa x

Prunella Pepperpot said...

Oh wow Jan, those mocha ice bombs looks super delicious!! My mouth is watering as I'm typing. Sadly I do have a weekness for chocolate but I try to keep my cravings down to a minimum.
Thank you for your lovely visit and have a truly wonderful week :)

happyone said...

Oh they look so good, but I'm afraid if I made them I'd have to eat them all up. : )

Adam said...

sounds very tempting

Margaret D said...

Looks delicious and not a lover of chocolate whether it be light, medium or dark..

Dancin Fool said...

I cant believe how good they look! I am writing my shopping list now!

Martha said...

Such a great treat! I really like dark chocolate.

Snowbird said...

Oh, how lovely, I love dark chocolate. Now wouldn't these be lovely for Christmas.xxx

Red Rose Alley said...

I know people either like dark chocolate or do not like dark chocolate. I actually like it, and it's good to hear that it has some health benefits also. :)

~Sheri