Total Pageviews

Sunday 23 October 2016

Prawn, smoked-salmon and crab terrine with lemony leaves

Photo Credit: Cristian Barnett
This is a very special no cook recipe suggestion for easy entertaining ... it's a chilled, creamy terrine with crab meat and pre-cooked prawns, served with a mustardy lemon salad. Yum !

INGREDIENTS:
Serves Six
3 gelatin leaves
sunflower oil, for greasing
12 small cooked, peeled tiger prawns (about 75g)
400g smoked salmon
25g unsalted butter, softened
150ml double cream
1 tbsp brandy (optional)
few dashes of Worcester sauce
few dashes of hot-pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
100g dry white crabmeat

For the lemon salad:
4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
the juice of ½ lemon
1 tsp Dijon mustard
¼ tsp clear honey (optional)
125g mixed salad leaves

To serve:
small handful of fresh dill leaves
1 chive flower, broken up (optional)
1 lemon
crispbreads, crackers* or wholemeal bread


If you live the LCHF lifestyle why not consider these low carb crackers* see here

Please note - it is important to chill the terrine well for a firm set, which will allow for neat slices. Squeeze any excess water from the crab-meat. You may need a 150g pack of crab-meat to give 100g when squeezed dry.

Please see Sharon Hearne-Smith's original recipe idea and full instructions here

We bring a variety of articles, studies etc. plus recent news/views and recipe ideas to this blog, we hope something for everyone to read and enjoy.... but please note, not all may be suitable for you.

If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

16 comments:

Sara - Villa Emilia said...

Mmmm, looks so very delicious!
Fish and dill are one of the matches made in heaven and one of my absolute favourites.
Wishing you a great week ahead!

Jo said...

That certainly looks like something special.

baili said...

great attraction to eyes .
i enjoyed your post specially last para

JFM said...

Looks and sounds delicious, Jan...once again I must pass on this dish. Hubby won't eat fish and there are only the two of us at a meal~

Francisco Manuel Carrajola Oliveira said...

Hummm deve ser delicioso.
Um abraço e bom Domingo.
Andarilhar

Tom said...

sure looks good

Debbie said...

looks like a company dish. i always enjoy anything "make ahead" when having company!!!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I might have to give this one a miss Jan, I do love salmon but not smoked salmon for some unknown reason, and not prawns ☺

TexWisGirl said...

that looks like an awesome summertime meal!

Haddock said...

Wow.... all those prawns on that is making me hungry.

Christine said...

Yum! I love anything crab

The Happy Whisk said...

I haven't retried fish or shellfish yet.

Anonymous said...

My husband will love this.

Have a great week.

Gail said...

We have our own fish here to catch...bass, crappie, perch, brim and catfish but live far from areas for other fresh fish. We do enjoy them.

I thought the third photo of the fungi with the green looks like a giant trees's foot to me but you know I have a strange imagination. Almost as if the tree could step away when my back was turned.

The fossil is one of Dad's. After Mom died and we knew Dad had Alzheimer's I built the first water garden for him with gold fish. He would sit for hours watching them until he decided to create a massive channel and over flow system for the pond. He built up the rocks with dirt, making big banks and channeled perceived flood waters through the yard to a giant earthen dam at the fence. It was his yard and he had much pleasure doing the work he loved with a shovel and his man power. I later dug all of it out, filled his channels and remade the pond. With Alzheimer's you pick your battles. It was his place so we let him enjoy it.

Have a very blessed week.

Bob Bushell said...

Not my my cup of tea, I can't stand Prawns or craps, sorry Jan.

Conniecrafter said...

I so wish I liked seafood, I know that would so help me be more healthier.