Total Pageviews

Wednesday 7 October 2015

Midweek Meal : The LCHF Way

Avocado and Prawns


Half an Avocado and Prawns,
add a splash of Hellmann's thousand Island dressing and a sprinkling of Paprika pepper.
Very tasty, very low carb, enjoy !


Chicken Fillets with Cheesy Stuffed Mushrooms and Green Vegetables



Ingredients 
Serves Two

350g chicken fillet roughly cut into cubes
little olive oil for use in frying pan
salt, pepper and mixed herbs to taste 
4 chestnut mushrooms stuffed with cream cheese
selection of green vegetables - broccoli, green beans, peas
chicken stock

Method:
1) Gently clean and prepare mushrooms. 'Stuff' with a little cream cheese - place on a baking tray, I either slightly oil it or place some foil on the bottom so the mushrooms don't stick, cook in a moderate oven 190C for about 15 minutes. 
2) Wash and prepare chicken fillets. Roughly cut into cubes fry gently in a pan with a little olive oil added. Add salt, pepper, mixed herbs to season as appropriate. Usually takes about 10 to 15 minutes for chicken to cook but check before serving. It should not be pink!
3) Either steam cook, or microwave, your choice of vegetables. I used a mix of broccoli, cut green beans and a handful of peas. 
4) Prepare and make your chicken stock.
5) When all ingredients are cooked and ready, simply serve and enjoy.

Blackberries, blueberries, kiwi fruit and double cream. 


Finish off in style with some lower carb fruits and double cream

Of course you may prefer to choose raspberries and blackberries with double cream,
which would be even lower in carbs than the fruit pictured above.

As always the choice is yours.

Bon Appetit

All the best Jan

8 comments:

Jo said...

Wow, starter and dessert too. I've never had cheesy stuffed mushrooms with chicken but I bet they compliment each other perfectly as I love chicken with cheese and adore mushrooms.

Cheryl said...

The avocado and prawns took me back to my 70's dinner parties.....my husband still loves it :)

Nice combination of courses. I have to say I struggle with keeping chicken moist, it is always a bit chewy. I tend to avoid chicken for that reason.
I will have to try again because it is a healthy low fat protein.

Anonymous said...

Looks a very tasty meal. Have you a spare chair at your table?

Jenny S

Lowcarb team member said...

Hi Jo - thanks for your comment.
We don't always have starter, main and dessert ... but on this occasion - you can't beat avocado, chicken and all that this meal involves ... very tasty.

All the best Jan

Lowcarb team member said...

Hi Cheryl - many thanks for your comment.
Yes avocado and prawns or just a prawn cocktail was very popular in the 70's ... and still is in our house!
I very rarely get a chewy chicken - but any meat that is slightly chewy can be dis-appointing.
This easy recipe is quite popular with us.

All the best Jan

Lowcarb team member said...

Hi Jenny - thanks for your comment.
... I will get a 'virtual' chair ready for you at the table!
This meal is certainly a LCHF favourite with us.

All the best Jan

chris c said...

I have some more crevettes (the next size up from king prawns) and some more avocados. I'll probably eat them later, I just had a chicken curry and added some normal size prawns along with multicoloured peppers, cashews and garlic, fried in coconut oil, and an anatomically correct, ie. small, portion of basmati rice (The Horror! well I hardly had any other carbs all day)

I'm assured this diet is impossible to keep up for long, well after ten years I still haven't reached that point. Nor have I suffered from scurvy, constipation or bad breath. All I've suffered from is becoming ten years older . . .

Lowcarb team member said...

Hi Chris - many thanks for your comment.

... ah yes, getting older, I guess we are all 'suffering' with that, but following the LCHF lifestyle, as Eddie and I have for over seven years now, was the best lifestyle change, and I certainly would ask others to consider it if they haven't made that leap of faith!

Your dinner sounds delicious - do enjoy it.

All the best Jan