Wednesday 7 October 2015
Midweek Meal : The LCHF Way
Avocado and Prawns
Half an Avocado and Prawns,
add a splash of Hellmann's thousand Island dressing and a sprinkling of Paprika pepper.
Very tasty, very low carb, enjoy !
Chicken Fillets with Cheesy Stuffed Mushrooms and Green Vegetables
350g chicken fillet roughly cut into cubes
little olive oil for use in frying pan
salt, pepper and mixed herbs to taste
4 chestnut mushrooms stuffed with cream cheese
selection of green vegetables - broccoli, green beans, peas
1) Gently clean and prepare mushrooms. 'Stuff' with a little cream cheese - place on a baking tray, I either slightly oil it or place some foil on the bottom so the mushrooms don't stick, cook in a moderate oven 190C for about 15 minutes.
2) Wash and prepare chicken fillets. Roughly cut into cubes fry gently in a pan with a little olive oil added. Add salt, pepper, mixed herbs to season as appropriate. Usually takes about 10 to 15 minutes for chicken to cook but check before serving. It should not be pink!
3) Either steam cook, or microwave, your choice of vegetables. I used a mix of broccoli, cut green beans and a handful of peas.
4) Prepare and make your chicken stock.
5) When all ingredients are cooked and ready, simply serve and enjoy.
Blackberries, blueberries, kiwi fruit and double cream.
Finish off in style with some lower carb fruits and double cream
Of course you may prefer to choose raspberries and blackberries with double cream,
which would be even lower in carbs than the fruit pictured above.
As always the choice is yours.
All the best Jan