1 punnet of cherry tomatoes (more on the large side)
5 hard-boiled eggs
2 ripe avocados
1 heaped tbsp organic greek yogurt
Juice of ½ lemon
Salt & pepper to taste
Pinch of smoked paprika
6 Kalamata olives, halved
Small metal scoop/ melon baller
1. Wash and dry the tomatoes and slice a very thin layer off the bottom so they sit flat on a cutting board.
2. Slice off the very top of the tomatoes and hollow out the seeds and center, leaving an empty cavity
3. Mash up your boiled eggs in one bowl and in another, mash together your avocados and yogurt.
4. Combine your egg and avo mix and stir thoroughly. Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste.
5. Fold down your piping bag and spoon in your green egg mixture. Depending on the size of the opening on your tomatoes, cut your piping bag tip so it can easily fit inside while still allowing it to be big enough for the filling to come out.
6. Slowly pipe the mixture into the tomatoes until slightly coming out of the top. Repeat on all tomatoes
7. Sprinkle each ‘ eyeball’ with the paprika to give a bloodshot look to them and top with a half an olive to finish off the eye.
All the best Jan