Now, I wonder when you might serve it!
125 g asparagus tips, halved
300 g frozen British broad beans
5 medium (British) free-range eggs, beaten
75 ml crème fraîche
100 ml semi-skimmed milk
30 g Italian hard cheese, grated
100 g white Cheshire cheese, crumbled
14 g fresh mint, leaves picked and chopped
0.5 tsp vegetable oil, for greasing
100 g (bag) Italian-style peppery salad
1 tbsp balsamic glaze
* optional - 270 g stone-baked ciabatta
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas 4. Put the asparagus and broad beans in a pan of boiling water and cook for 2 minutes. Drain and run under cold water. Pop the broad beans out of their skins (or you can leave them whole) then set the veg aside.
2. Put the eggs in a bowl and whisk in the crème fraîche and milk. Stir in the hard cheese and Cheshire cheese along with the asparagus, broad beans and mint.
3. Grease a 16cm x 26cm baking tin and line with baking parchment. Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 25-30 minutes, until light golden and set.
* 4. Optional - about 5 minutes before the end of the cooking time, put the ciabatta on a tray in the oven to warm through. Slice and serve as appropriate.
Cook's tip: make mini baked egg quiches for a picnic. Pour the mixture into a greased 12-hole muffin tin and bake for 15 minutes