Total Pageviews

Saturday 21 August 2021

The weekend is here, must be time for a slice of low carb cake!

The weekend is here, and whatever your plans may be, I wish you a good one. Here in the UK the weather forecast is not looking too good, in fact it may be best to stay in and enjoy a pick-me-up cuppa and perhaps a slice of low carb cake!

Blueberry Coconut Cake : Low Carb / Keto
This low carb / keto blueberry coconut cake can be made in a cake pan, cast iron skillet-pan or as muffins, (which makes it easy to customize). It’s grain-free, nut-free, sugar-free, and did I mention low carb / keto! What’s more, it's light, airy, and moist. The blueberries and coconut flour pair perfectly in this recipe suggestion. Please 
see more details here


Cappuccino Cake : Low Carb Recipe
If you like coffee and chocolate you will love this beautiful, layered cake that imitates cappuccino. It is made using a combination of almond and soya flour. The chocolate cake combines nicely with coffee flavoured cream and a layer of whipped cream. The cake is very moist and rich, and tastes delicious with a cup of coffee. Please see more details here


Ginger Cake : The Low Carb Way
This is a low carb ginger cake that is light in texture and is made using coconut flour, coconut milk and a wonderful mix of spices. Please see more details here


... just getting my tea cup and plate!


A variety of recipe ideas are within this blog, but please note, not all may be suitable for you. If you may have any food allergies, or underlying health issues these must always be taken into account. If you are a diabetic and not sure how certain foods may affect your blood sugars, test is best, i.e. use your meter.

All the best Jan

40 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

All of these recipes look delicious, Jan, and the blueberry one could be my next baking as we have not been enjoying cakes or cookies in weight loss attempts. Thanks for the post. Also thanks for your comment on my recent blog post, much appreciated.

Christine said...

These all look so delicious!

J.P. Alexander said...

Gracias por los pasteles, se ven muy ricos te mando un beso

peppylady (Dora) said...

Ginger is one of my spice.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Elephant's Child said...

I hope you and Eddie enjoy whichever one of these beauties you choose. Have a great weekend.

Angie's Recipes said...

They look very tempting! I like the one with berries.

kathyinozarks said...

Great list of cakes-thank you Happy weekend Kathy

Valerie-Jael said...

These cakes all look good, thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend! Valerie

Jo said...

Oh my goodness, how would you choose between them. A slice of each for me please.

Francisco Manuel Carrajola Oliveira said...

Deliciosos.
Um abraço e bom fim-de-semana.

Andarilhar
Dedais de Francisco e Idalisa
Livros-Autografados

Victor S E Moubarak said...

These look so tasty. Especially the ginger cake. Thanx Jan.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The cakes all look delicious! I think I would like to try the Cappuccino!
Take care, enjoy your weekend!

Jenn Jilks said...

I love this time of year when we can source things like local blueberries!

Tom said...

...Blueberries and Coconut, how can you go wrong.

DMS said...

These look tasty. Lately I have been on a blueberry kick- so that is the one calling my name. :)
~Jess

CJ Kennedy said...

We're expecting a hurricane in my area on Sunday. Baking a cake today would mean having a nice treat in case the electricity goes out. And having a nice treat if it doesn't!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

The blueberry coconut combinations sounds interesting. A touch of coconut flavor can make a recipe brighten up. Have a nice cupa

R's Rue said...

Yum. I want some

Crafty Green Poet said...

These all look delicious, but I particularly like cakes featuring coconut

This N That said...

Yum..you are tempting me and my sweet tooth..
I'm taking a blogging break until Sept..Enjoy your weekend.

Debbie said...

oh that cappuccino cake, i'll have a big piece of that on the pretty china!!

Sue said...

You see I could have that instead of a starter, main, and desert. There's no hope for me is there! Have a very happy weekend Jan & Eddie xx

William Kendall said...

These sound good.

Recomenzar said...

Me muero por probar esa torta parece deliciosa

Ananka said...

These all look great. I do love ginger so much :-D

Phil Slade said...

I'm spoiled for choice there Jan. I think it will have to be the ginger cake. Closely followed by the blueberry. Enjoy your Sunday.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry to be so late visiting. On Friday, I was without power for over 16 hours. I am hugging my AC about now after suffering 40 C heat for a full day! I would love a piece of that cappuccino cake.

Margaret D said...

They looks nice.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Definitely trying the first recipe here Jan, it's been a while since I've had any kind of cake but then again the lemon and chilli crusted salmon last post looks pretty amazing also 💜

Ygraine said...

OMG...how I wish I could eat!!! These cakes look absolutely mouth watering!😊😊
A great incentive to get better soon!! Lol

Hope you're having a fabulous weekend.

Hugs xxx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

These all look delicious!

Hilly Nicolay said...

Delicious cake.

(I'm going to make blackberry jam again...)
Maybe a slice of cake with jam on it. Delicious.

All the best and greetings,
Hilly

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

All three desserts look amazing. What decadent yet low carb treats!

Giorgio said...

Cappucino cake sounds delicious! ... I think it will easy to find soya flour in Rome.
Thanks for sharing 🍰

DVArtist said...

Everything looks so good. The Ginger cake is my favorite.

Mary Kirkland said...

That cappuccino cake sounds so good. It looks delicious too.

Conniecrafter said...

all sounds like tasty options :)

Teresa said...

Feliz tarde.

Magic Love Crow said...

3 cakes! Thank you Jan! Big Hugs!

Azka Kamil said...

Gracias por los pasteles, se ven muy ricos te mando un beso