For four people you will need these ingredients:
375g side of poached salmon, flaked
50ml white wine
½ tbsp white wine vinegar
1 bay leaf
1 cauliflower, florets removed and cut into 2cm pieces
2 medium floury potatoes, peeled and cut into 3cm pieces
1 egg yolk
4 tbsp cornflour
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
100g Greek-style natural yogurt
2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
1 tbsp vegetable oil
200g frozen peas
Lemon wedges, to serve
This is what you do:
2. Place the cauliflower pieces in a steamer over boiling water and steam for 12 minutes or until tender. Blitz in a food processor until smooth, then set aside to cool for a few minutes. Tip it on to a clean tea towel and squeeze out any excess moisture.
3. Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a large pan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil then simmer for 12-15 minutes or until soft. Mash until fairly smooth and leave to cool slightly.
4. In a bowl, combine the cauliflower and mashed potato. Stir in the egg yolk, flaked salmon, cornflour, lemon zest and parsley and season to taste, making sure not to overwork the mixture. Divide the mixture into 8 and shape into patties. Place these in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up.
5. Preheat the oven to 160°C/gas mark 3. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt with the dill and juice of half the lemon and season to taste.
6. Heat the vegetable oil in a large non-stick pan. Place 4 of the fishcakes in the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Place on a baking sheet in the oven to keep warm then repeat with the other fishcakes. Cook the peas to packet instructions, then crush lightly with the back of a fork. Serve the fishcakes and peas with the yogurt dip and lemon wedges.
Each serving provides:
8.3g carbohydrate 1.7g fibre 24.8g protein 20.9g fat
All the best Jan