Total Pageviews

Tuesday 2 June 2015

DCUK Another day and another low carb success story !

Many clued up type two diabetics have been staying in control of their diabetes for years, by low carbing, some completely medication free. Increasingly, type one diabetics are seeing the light. Good weight control, far better control of blood glucose numbers, and feeling much healthier and in control of their diabetes. The fact is over at the self styled "Largest Diabetes Forum In Europe" almost every post in seven years talking about success and better control, has featured low carb. Eddie

"I've only discovered this way of eating a couple of months ago and having read a few of the success stories and improved blood results I thought I'd give it a go.

Since following this diet I have lost 10lb so far, not that I was really in it for this, it's just an added bonus...but I've seen a marked improvement in my BG control and find staying within range a whole lot easier than previously. I've also significantly reduced my HBA1c result in just over 10 weeks...even looking forward to the next one and that's unheard of for me...I used to dread getting my results.

For me I would say the only drawback is that it means I have to be quite organised, this isn't a bad thing necessarily, having spent most of my life being quite lazy and disorganized, it's been a bit of a kick up the backside in terms of getting everything prepared for work the night before, but really that's a small price to pay...especially given that I feel so much healthier and in control of my BG."


3 comments:

Roses and Lilacs said...

Changing one's lifestyle isn't a simple thing. I'm still trying to find the balance. Eating more fats and no carbs is not an easy concept since we have been told the opposite for many years. When I return to the doctor for blood tests, the truth will be revealed.

Lowcarb team member said...

Many thanks for your comment Roses and Lilacs. Keep on striving for the optimum balance, it is so worth it. Hope your blood tests go well.

All the best Jan

Unknown said...

I completely agree, it isn't a simple thing, but it is so worth it. If you maintain a strict(ish) low carb high fat diet for a few months then your blood results can't fail to improve. I had tests after 6 months of low carbing and my HBA1c had dropped dramatically. I am hoping for even better results in another few months.