Total Pageviews

Saturday 20 July 2013

Lowcarb antis, Lawyers and other reprobates !

This blog has been running for around four years. We have never changed our stance or attitude one iota. We believe passionately in the benefits of a lowcarb lifestyle for not only diabetics, but almost all people. Gone are the days when you can tap someone on the shoulder and say, excuse me old chap have you heard about lowcarb? Big pharma and multinational food companies spend $billions every year promoting meds that don’t work and often kill people, and junk food outfits flog the diet of slow death. We do what it says on the tin.

“We are a small band of diabetics all low carbers. Posting links to diabetes related articles and low carb food advice. In our spare time we like to lampoon the spreaders of fear and misinformation. Welcome to the crazy world of diabetes.”

My style of posting is abrasive at times, I rock the boat, but it appears to work, people read our blog. What use is a blog if no-one reads it ? If you want to make an omelette you have to break a few eggs, this can lead to threats and abuse from individuals, phone calls from the Police, threats from Lawyers. This week I have been threatened with court action, and threatened with bankruptcy by a Lawyer, grief I could well do without. Time will tell, and I will tell, how this progresses. But if anyone on this planet, believes I will ever back down to threats of any kind, they are mistaken. A life lived in fear, is no life at all.

I set up this blog and the lowcarb diabetic website on my own. We quickly became a small team. The team have worked hard to build this humble blog and I will be forever grateful for their friendship and support, without them I may have called it a day long ago. One day the team will be without me, but I know they will carry on. When they are gone I hope my type two diabetic son and others will take their place. The war against corruption, lies and ludicrous dietary information will be a long one, but what war was ever more worthy ? Countless millions, yet to be born, will one day look back at the epidemics of obesity and type two diabetes and be amazed at the stupidity and greed we see today. Make no mistake, good always conquers evil, but sometimes it takes a very long time, trust me, we will win.

If I had said to you, not so long ago, communism would be finished in Russia and the end of the cold war was coming, or a Blackman would be the leader of South Africa or President of the USA, you would have said I was a dreamer and it would never happen. Well, it has happened, and who made it happen ? Ordinary people, ordinary people that had had enough. Ordinary people that spread the word of truth, ordinary people who knew in their hearts, change had to come.

Eddie
 
 



8 comments:

tess said...

Keep on fighting the good fight, Eddie! :-) you and the team are appreciated!

paul1976 said...

I know you get a kicking for what you stand for but I just want to personally thank you for it..your teachings have made such a difference to my life and I will never turn my back on this way of life or stop believing,I say way of life because it has to be for life and not just a diet,a healthier life IMO

Thankyou guys

Paul

Anonymous said...

Just read your blog post from today. So sorry to hear you're being threatened with legal action and hope it all works out ok.

Anonymous said...

"My style of posting is abrasive at times,"

Some may call it abrasive, some would call it passionate. As you said your teams stance has never altered. Don't change.

How the bully's hate it when you bully them.

John

Anonymous said...

Eddie, are you up for the Jack Nicholson role in A Few Good Men ?

(check out that great speech about 'truth' here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hopNAI8Pefg )

I'm sure we can find an anti or overzealous mod to play the part of a lawyer who can't 'handle the truth.'

Keep up the good work. These legal shenanigans are laughable. A bit like those who instigate them (yeah, add me to your list, boys.)

Geoff J

Anonymous said...

"How the bully's hate it when you bully them."

Ooooooh yes!!

Thanks for supporting Carbsaner, Eddie and the gang, and keep up the good work on lowcarbdiabetic.

Regards,
Carole XX

LarryB said...

Are you free to share the details? It's probably just a bottom-feeder trolling for unjustified, free money. Basically blackmail.

The light of day often drives these foul creatures away. While you don't have the bully pulpit that Matthew Inman (The Oatmeal) has, he set a fine example of how to deal with ridiculous threats

Lisa said...

What makes these people threatening you feel so insecure about what you post on your blog? Your blog is a wealth of valuable information for me in caring for my diabetic son, so please know you and your writers are greatly appreciated.