Total Pageviews

Thursday 27 February 2014

Fresh Guacamole recipe "Fresh is best "

I've said it before, and I'll say it again .... I love avocado. I also like this guy and how his love of good fresh food shines through, his enthusiasm and knowledge is brilliant.



Have you ever struggled trying to open and remove the big seed from an avocado? I know I have, but hop over and have a look at this here.



This recipe is from our food and recipe blog here.

So low in carbs, not worth worrying about, serves two. And the taste blows away factory produced food. Avocados are one of the healthiest foods on the planet. 

Ingredients

2 medium sized avocados scrape out the flesh and chop.
I medium sized tomato finely chopped remove seeds
I heaped tablespoon of finely chopped green Jalapeno peppers 
I tablespoon of finely chopped white onion
One teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
The juice from a medium sized lime
Salt and black pepper to taste

Method

Mix all the ingredients in a pyrex jug or bowl and serve, how easy is that.

Enjoy your avocado.

All the best Jan

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great tips and a very nice recipe, thanks :)

Anonymous said...

Another good recipe idea liked the tip too.

Lowcarb team member said...

We started this evenings meal with avocado and prawns and I used the tip about removing the seed - it worked a treat. Live and learn and pass on to others.

Thanks for your comments

All the best Jan