Total Pageviews

Friday 28 February 2014

DCUK Phoenix is not having a good day !

"No, not a good day ,I am a real human being with all too real human feelings and not into any sort of publicity."

Phoenix on the Bohemian Polypharmacy thread.

I am a real human being to, I post with my real name. I have seen four generations of my family become type two diabetics. Type two diabetes killed my Grandmother, my Father, and very near killed me. I have a sister who is a diabetic and a forty year old diabetic son. I know what uncontrolled diabetes does.

Many people followed and still follow the standard NHS and DUK dietary advice for diabetics, it has proved to be a total disaster and the NHS stats we publish regularly prove this. It does not work and will never work. A diabetic must control blood glucose numbers or face the consequences. Loss of limbs, loss of eyesight, kidney failure and heart disease and stroke.

The largest group of diabetics in the UK are type two diabetics, approximately 90%. Many are overweight at diagnosis (approx 80%) and in serious trouble, many have unknowingly been diabetics for years. How are many treated ? with out of date dietary information, a prescription for metformin, many told not to test BG numbers, and no test strips offered. This is criminal in my opinion, and when you think so many have paid into the state funds for decades, some like me for almost 50 years, and claimed not a penny, and in their hour of need, are treated abysmally.

All is not lost. If the newly diagnosed diabetic should get lucky, yes I say again lucky, they may find a forum or blog that can truly help them. They will learn that a strict reduction in the carbohydrates recommended by the NHS and DUK is the only way to obtain non diabetic numbers, lose weight when required, and for many, start to live again rather than exist. Of course with the NHS in place, luck should not have to play a part in the safe control of diabetes.

The big problem for forums, especially DCUK the largest forum in the UK are the naysayers and low carb antis. These people have their diabetes under control. Over the years many of the most vocal have insulin at their disposal, many with insulin pumps, unlimited test strips and experts to advise them. Do these people sit back and appreciate how lucky they are, are they glad they have not been treated like a typical type two in the UK ? No they meddle in type two threads and low carb threads, they cause misunderstanding and spread fear and confusion at every opportunity. 

Of all the meddlers and spreaders of doom over the years, I believe Phoenix is the worst. Because she is highly knowledgeable and is not a fool, she knows what she is doing. Unlike other spreaders of fear and alarm, who are clearly as thick as a plank or complete liars. How many type two diabetics on the forum disrupt and meddle in type one threads, how many low carbers meddle in the pump threads ? never is the answer. While phoenix et al who have it all, wind up and cause fear and spread misinformation, to the many who can't even get hold of some test strips, and have no experts guiding them. I will keep up my campaign against them. All have been invited over here to debate the issues, all can make a statement or start a new thread here, they choose not to. I and every straight thinking honest person knows why ! The antis will lose in a straight debate, without post editing, thread locking, gang warfare mentality and banning, and by God they know it.

Eddie

6 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

She never has a good day! Compare and contrast this positive and helpful post from Fergus:

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/low-carb-diet-a-newbies-guide.9427/

with the litany of negativity from Phoenix.

John

Anonymous said...

Phoenix says she's "---not into any sort of publicity."

Why then does she appear to court it?

Lowcarb team member said...

Oops I nearly forgot to mention Dillinger who always provides helpful advice for Type 1 diabetics. If I can dig it out I will post a typical post - helpful, informative referenced of Dillinger.

John

Anonymous said...

I agree Dillinger always posts balanced good advice. Paul does too with a good sense of humour. There are many who do give a balanced view.Although DCUK do have different areas within the forum these markers are not always followed this results in confused information being given.A newly diagnosed diabetic feels confused and needs correct and balanced advice.

Lowcarb team member said...

Graham‘s already commented on the deviousness of Phoenix. To emphasise his point, consider a newly diagnosed Type 2 diabetic. The diabetic is reading the low carb diet forum of DCUK. The diabetic reads “a lot of my daily protein comes from the 'starchy' carb called oats that I eat in the morning”. No mention that Phoenix covers her carb with insulin. Result one confused newly diagnosed diabetic, who, without the means of testing will not discover the dangers of 'starchy' carb called oats.

John

Lowcarb team member said...

Sid is the same.

He talks about portion control i.e. a very low calorie diet but forgets to tell people he is virtually immobile. "I take my dog for a walk when I can" and gave up fishing because it was too much for him.

I started fishing when my hands went and had to give up playing golf every day. Fishing is hardly a highly active sport, unless you think sitting in a chair for hours on end is hard work.

Mind you, I do like to have Jan standing by on the landing net. Let's face it, I don't want to overtax myself LOL

Eddie