2 lbs. fresh green beans
1 box of fresh mushrooms (or 10-12 whole mushrooms)
1/2-1 cube butter
1 small container of heavy whipping cream
1 tablespoon white granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1. Bring a pot of water to boil while you wash, snap the ends off, and snap in half the green beans.
2. cook the green beans, covered, for 20-30 minutes.
3. while the green beans are cooking, melt the butter in a medium sauce pan.
4. clean and then chop the mushrooms into small chunks.
5. saute mushrooms until light brown, about 15-20 minutes.
6. Add the cream, sugar, and nutmeg.
7. lower to simmering, watching carefully, because the cream can rise up and spill over the edges should it start to boil. Turn off after 15 minutes.
8. When the beans are cooked, remove from heat and drain the water.
9. throw everything in a slow cooker, turned on low, for as long as you like, or simmer on low on the stove, or serve immediately.
The whole thing can be doubled for larger crowds. Feeds about six as is.