Total Pageviews

Tuesday 4 February 2014

A woman’s thing maybe …. But the tips are useful !

Reading an article recently it was talking about how many women name their cars. Apparently far more women then men do !

Well speaking personally, I can relate to this. In my youth, gosh that must have been last year LOL ! I too used to name my cars, Eddie thought it madness, but the kids (children) didn‘t seem to mind. Humour mum they probably thought … it‘s ok !

My cars have been named, Miranda, Harriet, Milly, Tilly …… to name a few. Notice there are none with a male name. I suddenly realised my present car doesn‘t have a name SHOCK ! Does this mean I‘m finally growing up !!!!!!!

I’ve never been too attached to cars, as long as they’ve got me from A to B, usually with kids in the back as I’ve done my chauffeuring, I’ve been happy.

I have to own up, I don’t know the first thing about cars - but do get them serviced and looked at regularly. Eddie is my first port of call if anything goes astray, and if he can‘t fix it - or isn‘t sure, then it‘s to our favourite and reliable garage. We‘ve used the same garage for a good many years now and many recommendations about them have been made to family and friends.

So enough of it’s “ a woman’s thing maybe”

Here are five simple tips to keep your car on the road this winter:

1) Charge the battery. Dead car batteries are common in winter - and most fail on a Monday morning, after being left standing over the weekend.

2) De-ice your car. If you are caught driving with an unclear windscreen you could be fined £1000-00.

3) Check the anti-freeze. Check the water tank under the bonnet once a week or before long journeys.

4) Check your tyres. It’s important to check tyres regularly, as they determine your car’s grip on the road.

5) Be well prepared. According to Auto-Trader there are ten essential items you shouldn’t leave home without this winter:
  Scraper and de-icer
  Warning triangle
  First Aid Kit
  Reflective Clothing - jackets, armbands, sticker.
  Boots
  Jump Leads
  Food and Warm flask of water
  Mobile phone with breakdown firm contact details
  Tow Rope and Shovel
  Blanket

I copied these tips from my local county magazine, and I think they originally got them from Auto Trader, but the main thing is keep safe.




And if you are setting out on a journey soon please drive carefully and why not start the journey on a full stomach, may I suggest ham and eggs, a great LCHF meal.




All the best Jan

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

W O W so P L E A S E D

you are like me !!

My car is CLARISSA she's a CLIO !!

Gina

Anonymous said...

Good Tips.

Anonymous said...

Not all women play the ditsy blonde when it comes to cars. Pretty basic stuff you have listed.
Compare it to your computer, are you helpless there as well and rely on others?
I do know one woman who cannot for the life of her fathom out how to put gas in the car but then I know men who cannot operate a washing machine.

Lori Miller said...

I'd better let my biological father know he should give up his career as a Caterpillar mechanic. He has blond hair.

Anonymous said...

"Pretty basic stuff you have listed."

Isn't best to start with basics? All machines have an operating manual or should it be wo-manual?

tess said...

it was my husband who introduced me to the concept of naming cars, but now it's a tradition with us!

Anonymous said...

:)(Wo)manual is essential....it tells me how to open the doors! None of my cars ever had a name except rude ones when they broke down and I carry so much "emergency equipment" in the boot there's no space for luggage!
Geri

Lowcarb team member said...

Just stopping by to say many thanks to all for your comments, and just thinking about a name for my present car ..... LOL

All the best Jan