Total Pageviews

Tuesday 7 January 2014

Anyone for Chocolate ?

There are many out there who are chocoholics but should we be eating chocolate? Well I guess that is still a personal choice we each have to make. I have always been one of those annoying people who can just eat one or two squares of chocolate. For me a bar of chocolate could be in the cupboard for a good few days. Many a time my sister used to ask “well if you’re not going to eat it can I?” That was of course quite a few years back and during the last five years or so whilst living the low carb high fat lifestyle my chocolate consumption is even lower. Now it’s the 85% dark chocolate that is in the cupboard for days. Some find it easier not to have chocolate in the house and you have to do what suits you.

If you are still into chocolate and include it in your meal plans here are two recipes you may like to try. I have chosen them for their low carb quality.

Hope you enjoy them.

Low Carb Chocolate Sponge Pudding (thanks to Graham for this recipe)



http://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=Chocolate+Sponge+Pudding


Low Carb Keto Chocolate Mousse (thanks to Lisa at No Pain, No Grain Blog )



http://nopainnograin.blogspot.co.uk/

Happy Eating

All the best Jan

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"great pleasure in presenting to you, the Chocolate Sponge Pudding Le Magnifique !"
Having just read all the original wording, it made me laugh.Thanks for reminding us of this recipe and Lisa's one looks good too.Midweek tomorrow may just be having a chocolate dessert. Yum.

Annie J

Anonymous said...

The 85% chocolate can taste bitter so using chocolate style menu's are a good idea, Thanks. Val

tess said...

I have to suspect that people who crave chocolate still have a nutritional deficiency! the stuff rarely "calls my name" anymore (and I also have several partial bars scattered around the house)....

Lowcarb team member said...

Hi Tess - the chocolate bar manufacturers will not be making much money from us!

Hi Val - yes many do think the 85% chocolate can have a bitter type taste but I found once you get used to the taste it's just fine. Friends of mine like a couple of small squares with a cup of coffee.

Hi Annie J - hope you do enjoy the chocolate desserts you may make.

Thanks to all readers for popping by ........

All the best Jan